Saturday, May 25, 2013

With my new bottle of gaaassssss

I was able to mostly finish my third brake light surround. I'll have to work it a little bit still tomorrow but it looks pretty good. After searching around I found a license plate frame with the light built into it for $24. Almost all the "weld in" kits I found where almost $100 and that seemed insane.
I cut the bracket apart and welded in the part that I needed and then rolled some flat stock around the fixture and welded it in. Then I pounded a cap piece into place and went crazy until I ran out of gaaassssss!!
After some stupid stuff, previously mentioned, I was able to get back to it.