Saturday, August 23, 2014

Engine progress

It has been an insane work schedule and only getting worse for a little while but, I have gotten a little done here and there and hit it hard again last night and today. I had some issues with my alternator belt alignment and had to drop some stuff at the machine shop for modification. I am pretty sure we have it sorted out at this point. With that issue resolved I got back to assembling my bottom end (the block and all it's internal bits). I am using rings from a company in Arizona called TotalSeal. The rings seal the piston all the way around instead of normal rings which have a gap. This will help seal the combustion chamber. The rings arrived on Thursday so I was able to get the bottom end buttoned up last night and today I bolted up the transmission and set the whole package on my cart. Then I was able to start assembling all the rest of the bits like starter, oil filter block, speedometer cable...
All in all, a great day and I love the way it looks and feel very confident about the mechanics. I haven't bored you with the details of torquing all the bolts properly etc, but rest assured, I am doing it!!