Monday, March 30, 2015

Every last nut and bolt...

Over the last week I have managed to clean the garage, get a little more organized and strip the guts from the drivers door. What this means is that as soon as I do the same to the passengers door...
I WILL HAVE REMOVED EVERY SINGLE BOLT, SCREW, CLIP, FASTENER, WHATEVER... FROM THIS CAR!!
Now, if that isn't going to be a moment of celebration, what the heck is?
Nope, I'm not joking! The only bolts on the car I haven't turned are residing in the passengers door. I will beat them into submission very soon!!

I also got the patching done on the drivers door and cleaned/under coated the inside. 

On a side note, if you have a few minutes to spare... WAIT!! Make the time! Check out "project Binky" on YouTube. This is a couple of the most talented guys I have ever seen and the humor is a very close second!
Here, I'll make it easy:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7hCPODjJO7s

I have dreams about one day being able to fabricate anything even close to what these guys are capable of!




Sunday, March 22, 2015

Remember way back at the beginning?

When I delayed the start of this project to get some things off the honey do list? You know... The one I add to myself?
Well, After the holidays, I went back to work on the kitchen and finished some back splashes, upper cabinets and more lighting. Then I had to catch up on a whole list of stuff that I was putting off while working on the car. In that list was other car stuff like getting a working rear end back in the 77 so my 15 year old Zia can start driving it. We did and she is!! I did all the brakes in my wife's VW and also the brakes in the big pig diesel which incidentally, Zia likes driving better than a car. I figure if she learns how to maneuver that beast, she can handle anything. 
So, after all that, I finally got back to "THE PROJECT".
With all the running gear set, I thought it best to start back on the body work and get this thing painted some time this year. Maybe the fact that there has been progress on the leather interior in my absence is motivating me to get ready to install an interior. 
I started with strengthening the hinge points on the drivers door, stealing parts from the doors saved from the 78 I scrapped a while back. 
So, here are some pictures...